The beauty industry is replete with products and services that promise us miraculous properties and instant results in keeping our skin youthful. One such innovation that we can confidently support is the microcurrent facial treatment.
Microcurrent facial treatment involves the use of a low-voltage electric current to “train” the muscles of the face to appear firmer and firmer. In fact, he has been nicknamed "no surgical facelift."
You know it really works because it has been used medicinally since the 1980s, approved as a muscle stimulant to treat muscle paralysis. After seeing improved results in patients with atrophied, sagging facial muscles, microcurrents have been used as an anti-aging tool. That is why home microcurrent devices are becoming more and more popular for everyday skin care procedures.
What is Microcurrent Therapy?
The human body is based on a constant circulating flow of electricity. External sources of electricity help skin cells to resume their normal functioning. Microcurrent therapy can restore the normal functioning of biochemical processes in the skin, improve the production of amino acids, improve blood flow, and reduce inflammation and skin laxity. Improved blood flow, lymphatic drainage, stimulation of collagen and elastin, muscle tightening - comparable to taking a face and sending it to the gym. Microcurrent facial treatments are like working out in the gym, just for your face.
The muscles in the face, as in the rest of the body, begin to lose tone over time. We have to keep them in shape. Therefore, you can use the current to stimulate the muscles, starting with a small force and gradually increasing it until you achieve the desired firmness. Of course, you should use devices for home use or visit special salons equipped with professional microcurrent devices.
How does microcurrent therapy work?
Microcurrent facial treatment uses low voltage electricity to stimulate the facial muscles, like a “workout” for the face. The goal is to stimulate the muscles to appear more defined and toned. This procedure really helps to lift the face and is a great alternative to botox. Microcurrent facial treatment is a low-voltage electric current applied to the muscles of the face through a small apparatus. Muscles contract and need to be trained, like in a gym workout, to tighten and reshape your face. Microcurrents are used to lift eyebrows, highlight cheekbones, tighten and tighten skin, and stimulate collagen growth.
Microcurrent procedures have a number of advantages and allow you to achieve amazing results for the skin of the face:
- Microcurrent facial treatment works like a lymphatic drainage massage. That is why you can noticeably reduce puffiness and remove excess water accumulated in the lymph.
- Microcurrent facial treatments maintain skin firmness. As a result, the eyes are lifted, the forehead is firmer, and you notice that your gaze becomes more open.
- Microcurrent treatments stimulate collagen production in the skin, so the skin looks fuller. Collagen is the main protein from which the body builds muscles. As we age, we lose collagen. Microcurrents stimulate the production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate), which leads to the creation of structural proteins such as elastin and collagen.
Microcurrents are indeed safe for most people, but there are a few exceptions:
- People with heart problems, for example, if they have a pacemaker, are not advised to have a microcurrent facial.
- It is also better for people with inflammation and acne in the acute period to refrain from the procedure, so as not to stimulate more rashes.
- Pregnant women in the first trimester also need to refrain from microcurrent stimulation of the skin.
- If you have injected fillers or botox, then you should wait two weeks for them to dissolve. However, after this period, botox and fillers actually work better if you use microcurrents, and the effect of their use will be more prolonged.
Homemade microcurrent instruments work, but not nearly as well as professional ones. Young girls can get by with home microcurrent tools to care for and prolong the youth and elasticity of their skin. But if you are already over 50 and the signs of aging can no longer be hidden with creams and serums, then you need something stronger. And here it would be ideal to combine professional microcurrents for the face with home remedies for maximum results. Just five 5 minutes a day of daily use of a home appliance and visiting a professional microcurrent device at least once a week will allow you to achieve amazing results! Your skin will become visibly firmer and more elastic, the oval of the face will be tightened, and the complexion will become healthier and more radiant.
Popular by topic
Shopping for women is an integral part of life. Some even become chronic shopaholics, which, incidentally, is considered a type of mental disorder
The autumn that captivated us is the ideal season for many changes in life: you can try new treatments for your face and body, experiment with your hairstyle and allow yourself more in everything. Expert Shares Proven Skin Care Tips for Fall
What you need to know about laser procedures in order not to harm your health: recommendations of a dermato-oncologist
Laser treatments can be safely called the choice of perfectionists. But in order to get the desired effect from laser face resurfacing or laser hair removal, it is necessary to properly prepare the skin
We tell in detail at what time of day to use certain cosmetics for skin care, when to carry out certain cosmetic procedures, so that they are useful for the skin
Psychologists are sure that literally everyone can change their lives and feel happy. To do this, you need very little - heed the advice from our article and start using them in your life