- "Many-sided" hypotension
- What is the low pressure rate?
- 10 hallmarks of hypotension
- Disease disease strife
- What the doctor ordered
- Important information
- Always at hand
- Find time for fun
When it comes to hypotension, rarely any of the people suffering from low blood pressure seriously think about their condition. Most often they do not fight this disease, they get used to it. With questions about how to improve well-being, and with it the quality of life in case of hypotension, we decided to contact a specialist.
Hypotension has long been considered unreasonably forgotten. The disease, as scientists say, was hidden in the shadow of hypertension. Moreover, since 1966, it was investigated only when it arose due to the intake of medications prescribed for people with high blood pressure. Although in this case it was hardly possible to speak of hypotension. After all, this term has long been used to describe conditions associated with both low blood pressure and weak vascular tone. Therefore, in order to understand how to improve well-being, one must first of all know the reasons that provoke the appearance of hypotension.
One of its varieties - physiological hypotension - occurs in healthy people as a defense mechanism with increasing loads. For example, with athletes during training or with students before exams. Thus, the body, protecting itself from forced overwork, as if sets a limiter: that's it, the limit has come.
Blood pressure can decrease after a heavy meal: due to the flow of blood to the stomach, a person becomes dizzy and weak.
Physiological hypotension occurs when changing time zones, when the temperature or atmospheric pressure changes.
The pressure often decreases with a change in body position. For example, in the morning, when a person suddenly gets out of bed.
However, it should be noted that as soon as the body adapts to the new state, the pressure usually returns to normal.
Pathological hypotension occurs against the background of past diseases. She is a companion of such ailments as tuberculosis, stomach ulcers, cholecystitis, tonsillar syndrome (inflammation of the tonsils).
Primary hypotension associated with decreased vascular tone is an independent disease. It occurs in most knowledge workers. Moreover, as recent studies have shown, this condition is observed in almost 50% of bank employees.
Secondary (or symptomatic) hypotension is accompanied by a sharp drop in pressure during myocardial infarction, severe infectious diseases, due to internal bleeding or acute diseases of the abdominal organs.
But whatever the reason for the deterioration of health, only a doctor can accurately diagnose. And for a person, a decrease in pressure is a kind of bell that should be heeded: after all, it indicates that not everything is in order with the body.
What is the low pressure rate?
Today, hypotension is determined at an optimal blood pressure of at least 120 to 80. But even this figure is considered formal. In the 60s of the last century, a classification was approved in Vilnius, according to which hypotonic disease is set when blood pressure is below 100 to 60 in patients under 25 years old and below 105 to 65 in patients over 30 years old.
It's just not worth considering yourself to be hypotensive, having seen these numbers on the pressure gauge once. If in the morning the pressure was 100 to 60, by lunchtime - 120 to 70, and after an important meeting - 130 to 80, then it would be too rash to say that we are talking about hypotension.
10 hallmarks of hypotension
Thanks to numerous studies, the symptoms that are characteristic of hypotension have been carefully selected and distributed in a certain order (based on the frequency of occurrence):
- Fatigue, headache, dizziness.
- Noise in the head, wobbly gait.
- Memory impairment.
- Sleep that does not invigorate.
- Phobia of heights, fear when walking on a bridge.
- In megalopolises: fear of riding on an escalator, in the subway.
- Pathological (obsessive) fixation on a certain state, idea, subject.
- For example, a person constantly scrolls through phrases like "I can't do anything", "I'm constantly sick", "I'm a failure."
- Pain in muscles, joints, heart.
- Belching, heartburn, unstable stools.
Disease disease strife
Many of the listed symptoms occur when other diseases and conditions appear: intoxication of the body, disruption of the thyroid gland, depression. If the patient lists the above complaints, then the doctor, before making a diagnosis, will conduct a thorough examination, and excluding more common diseases, he will suspect hypotonic illness and recommend daily blood pressure measurement. Moreover, the disease "hypotension" is the very last, not the very first, that he will exclude during the examination.
For example, at a doctor's appointment, a thin girl of asthenic physique at the age of 24 years complains of noise in her head, heartburn, and a fear of walking across the bridge. Each of these symptoms, of course, can indicate a separate disease. For example, a phobia of height - for a depressive state, heartburn - for problems with the gastrointestinal tract. Only after examination and exclusion of other diseases, the doctor diagnoses "hypotonic illness".
What the doctor ordered
People with low blood pressure rarely see a doctor. For them, loss of strength and causeless weakness is a normal state to which they are already accustomed. Due to the lack of energy, the quality of life naturally deteriorates. But, to paraphrase a well-known saying, we can say that the health of hypotensive patients is in the hands of the hypotensive patients themselves. Therefore, in order to raise the tone and restore good health, you need to learn to help your body.
If you feel weak:
In the morning
- Waking up in the morning, while in bed, rub your ears thoroughly. Stretch. Bend your knees, straighten. Spread your arms to the sides. Then sit up slowly in bed without hanging your legs on the floor. Sit down. And only after a few seconds, lower your legs and slowly get up. This will help you avoid dizziness.
- Take a contrast shower. It is necessary for the training of blood vessels.
- Unlike hypertensive patients, the menu of a person with low blood pressure is more nutritious. It is not enough for him to increase the amount of fruits and vegetables in his diet. It is recommended (if there are no contraindications) to include salty and fatty foods, as they increase blood pressure. But don't overdo it! Don't forget about the stress on your kidneys.
- An ideal breakfast for a hypotonic person is a cup of coffee and a sandwich with butter and cheese or a piece of salted fish.
During the day
- Train yourself to eat small meals 4-5 times a day. Do not go on strict diets, thereby limiting yourself in nutrition and, conversely, do not overeat. Such extremes can further worsen the condition.
- Drink strong sweet tea or coffee.
- Increase your salt intake (only if there are no contraindications). If for a hypertensive person the norm is 5 g per day, then for a hypotonic person it is 10 g. Sodium binds water in the body, thereby increasing the volume of circulating blood in the body. Therefore, if you feel unwell, eat a piece of feta cheese or a sandwich sprinkled with salt. It is better to carry salted nuts or seeds with you.
- Place your hands at chest level and, interlocking your fingers in the lock, pull your arms in opposite directions. Repeat 3-6 times.
- Press your finger over the point above the upper lip. Massage the whiskey.
In the underground
Clench and unclench your fists 8-10 times.It is good to have an expander with you, with the help of which it will be much easier to improve the condition.
In any other transport
Hypotonic patients usually get seasick on the road. Therefore, try to sit near the window and look in the direction of the path. Take a few sips of water (be sure to take a bottle of water with you on your trip), buy caffeinated sweets in advance.
Hypotonic disease in Ukraine is only 5-6%. Moreover, most often women are sick between the ages of 20 and 40 years.
Risk factors recognized in the world:
- those whose first-line relatives (parents) suffered from hypotension;
- in the presence of mitral valve prolapse;
- people suffering from chronic fatigue.
Always at hand
Simple yet effective remedies can quickly improve your well-being and raise your blood pressure.
- Stir 50 g of ground coffee, 150-200 g of liquid honey and 1 finely chopped lemon (including the peel). Put the resulting mixture in the refrigerator. If you feel mildly unwell, eat 1 teaspoon of natural medicine (but not more than 3 teaspoons a day). Do not forget that it is advisable to consume caffeine before 14.00, otherwise you may experience problems with sleep.
- Licorice root extract in our country is better known as an antitussive drug. But the Chinese call it the second remedy after ginseng for a reason. In addition, there are many contraindications for the use of ginseng. As a highly extractive root, it can cause intolerances. And at the root of licorice, the only negative is the sweet taste. But it can be used not only in the form of a decoction, but also in the form of spices. It contains substances that are very strong, like caffeine, stimulate immunity and tone.
Find time for fun
Hypotonic patients are characterized by pathological fixation on a certain state, idea or subject. To gain inner confidence and get rid of obsessive thoughts such as “I’m not like people,” “why me?”, “The world is unfair to me,” you need to seriously take on improving your emotional state.
The fast pace of life, the noise of the metropolis, constant dead-lines at work undermine his already meager internal resources.
Hypochondria, characteristic of a person with reduced blood pressure, will not go away after 1-2 walks in the fresh air. Therefore, if there is a desire to consult a psychologist, relatives should support this initiative.
Choose activities for relaxation that do not require too active action, but will improve psychological well-being. For example, clay modeling, jigsaw puzzles, master classes on making chocolate desserts.
Slow walks are the best medicine for hypotension. And whatever the weather, find 40-60 minutes daily to be in the fresh air. You will not only disperse the blood through the vessels, but also raise their tone. If you have a sedentary job, be sure to take a 10 minute break every hour to walk around the office.
Physical activity should be moderate. By no means through force, not through pain. Everything should be just for pleasure. Therefore, yoga, Pilates, pool classes are suitable.
Popular by topic
It has long been known that staying in good physical shape is impossible without movement, but sometimes our schedule does not involve going to the gym. How to find an alternative, said Inna Miroshnichenko
Shopping for women is an integral part of life. Some even become chronic shopaholics, which, incidentally, is considered a type of mental disorder
We all experience anxiety to one degree or another, this is natural. If the anxiety is already elevated, then of course it's worth dealing with it. Here's How to Recognize and Get Rid of Background Anxiety
The autumn that captivated us is the ideal season for many changes in life: you can try new treatments for your face and body, experiment with your hairstyle and allow yourself more in everything. Expert Shares Proven Skin Care Tips for Fall
Migraine is a chronic illness characterized by headache attacks. Why migraine occurs, what can cause it and everything about migraine treatment - read in the neurologist's blog